Name: Xiaodong Cao
Academic Title: Associate Professor
Xiaodong Cao completed her BA at Hubei Normal University (Chemistry) in 1999, her MS at Xiamen University (Physical Chemistry) in 2004, and her PhD at Southeast University (Materials Physics and Chemistry) in 2013.
Working & Teaching Experience
Xiaodong Cao is an Associate Professor of Food Science and Engineering at Hefei University of Technology. Dr. Cao worked as a Visiting Scholar in Institute of Biological Systems Engineering at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI, USA) from Sept. 2016 to Aug. 2017. She also worked as a teacher of Physical Chemistry at Hubei Normal University from 1999 to 2001.
Study on multidiscipline of Food Science and Engineering including: nano-materials based biosesing, biomacromolecules, signal molecules, enzymic catalytic reaction and bioengineering.
1. DNA nanosensing of genetically modified food based on nanocarbon interface. National Natural Science Foundation of China (No.31401573), 2014. Principle Investigator.
2. The fabrication of DNA sensing interface and its application in genetically modified food analysis.Natural Science Foundation of Anhui Province (No. 1508085MC47), 2015. Principle Investigator.
3. The construction of acetylcholin esterase biosensor on gold nanoparticles and reduced graphene oxide nanocomposite and its application for determination of carbamate pesticide residues.Chinese Ministry of Education (JZ2014HGBZ0005), 2014. Principle Investigator.
4. Electrochemical DNA sensor based on functionalized nanomaterials for quantifications of multiple food-borne pathogenic bacteria. China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (No. 2016M592050), Principle Investigator.
5. Electrochemical behavior and electrochemical determination of Gibberellins based on carbon nanomaterial modified electrode. China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (No. 2017T100446), Principle Investigator.
I. Research papers
1.Yongkang Ye, Jingqi Xie, Yingwang Ye, Xiaodong Cao*, Haisong Zheng, Xuan Xu, Qiang Zhang. A label-free electrochemical DNA biosensor based on thionine functionalized reduced graphene oxide. Carbon, 2018, 129, 730-737.
2.Yongkang Ye, Jiaona Gao, Hao Zhuang, Haisong Zheng*, Hanju Sun, Yingwang Ye, Xuan Xu, Xiaodong Cao*. Electrochemical gene sensor based on a glassy carbon electrode modified with hemin-functionalized reduced graphene oxide and gold nanoparticle-immobilized probe DNA. Microchim. Acta, 2017, 184, 245-252.
3.Xiaodong Cao, Houchuan Xu, Shun Ding, Yongkang Ye*, Xiaoguang Ge*, Li Yu, Electrochemical determination of sulfide in fruits using alizarin–reduced graphene oxide nanosheets modified electrode. Food Chem. 2016, 194, 1224-1229.
4.Xiaodong Cao, Jiaona Gao, Yingwang Ye, Pengfei Wang, Shun Ding, Yongkang Ye*, Hanju Sun*, Amperometric Determination of Sulfide by Glassy Carbon Electrode Modified with Hemin Functionalized Reduced Graphene Oxide. Electroanalysis. 2016, 28, 140-144.
5.Yongkang Ye, Shun Ding, Yingwang Ye, Houchuan Xu, Xiaodong Cao*, Sheng Liu and Hanju Sun*, Enzyme-based sensing of glucose using a glassy carbon electrode modified with a one-pot synthesized nanocomposite consisting of chitosan, reduced graphene oxide and gold nanoparticles. Microchim. Acta, 2015, 9-10, 1783-1789.
6.Xiaodong Cao, Yuxue Sun, Yongakang Ye*, Ying Li, Xiaoguang Ge. Macroporous ordered silica foam for glucose oxidase immobilisation and direct electrochemical biosensing. Anal. Methods. 2014, 6, 1448-1454.
7.Xiaodong Cao, Yongkang Ye, Ying Li, Xuan Xu, Jiachao Yu, Songqin Liu*. Self-assembled glucose oxidase/graphene/gold ternary nanocomposites for direct electrochemistry and electrocatalysis. J. Electroanal. Chem. 2013, 697, 10-14.
8.Xiaodong Cao, Ying Li, Jiachao Yu, Zhiqiang Zhang, Songqin Liu*. Catalytic activity and stability of glucose oxidase/horseradish peroxidase co-confined in macroporous silica foam. Analyst. 2012, 137, 24, 5785-5791.
9.Xiaodong Cao, Jiachao Yu, Zhiqiang Zhang, Songqin Liu*. Bioactivity of horseradish peroxidase entrapped in silica nanospheres. Biosens. Bioelectron. 2012, 35, 1, 101-107.
10.Wei Wei, Peipei Li, Ying Li, Xiaodong Cao, Songqin Liu*. Nitrogen-doped carbon nanotubes enhanced laccase enzymatic reactivity towards oxygen reduction and its application in biofuel cell. Electrochem. Commun. 2012, 22, 181-184.
11.Ying Li, Xiaodong Cao, Xiaolin Qian, Yu Chen, Songqin Liu*. Immobilization of laccase in N-doped carbon hollow spheres/chitosan composite film for electrochemical detection of kraft lignin. J. Electroanal. Chem. 2012, 686, 7-11.
12.Xiaodong Cao, Yongkang Ye, Songqin Liu*. Gold nanoparticle-based signal amplification for biosensing. Anal. Biochem. 2011, 417(1): 1-16.
13.Jing Qian, Chunyan Zhang, Xiaodong Cao, Songqin Liu*. Versatile immunosensor using quantum dot coated silica nanosphere as label for signal amplification. Anal. Chem. 2010, 82, 15, 6422-6429.
14.Jing Qian, Zhenxian Zhou, Xiaodong Cao, Songqin Liu*. Electrochemiluminescence immunosensor for ultrasensitive detection of biomarker using Ru(bpy)32+-encapsulated silica nanosphere labels. Anal. Chim. Acta. 2010, 665, 1, 32-38.
II. Chapters of Books
1.Maoquan Chu. The World Scientific Encyclopedia of Nanomedicine and Bioengineering II 1. Synthesis and Biomedical Applications of Graphene Quantum Dots. (Yongkang Ye, Xiaodong Cao. Chapter 5 Graphene Quantum Dots for Food Analysis). World Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd. ISBN: 9789814667586, 2017
1. A method of making green mustard sesame seeds, Appl. No. 201710253972.5
2. A preparation method of electrochemical sensor and its application in rapid detection of aflatoxin B1, Appl. No. 201610425212.3
3. An electrochemical sensor and its application in rapid detection of hydrogen sulfide, Appl. No. 201510151119.3