Name: Shudong He
Academic Title: Doctor of Engineering
Department: Department of Food Engineering
Education and Trains
2003.09---2007.07 B.S. in Food Quality and Safety, School of Food Science and Engineering, Qingdao Agricultural University
2007.09---2010.06 M.S. in Food Science, College of Food Science, Northeast Agricultural University
2011.08---2015.07 Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering and Technology, School of Food Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology
2013.12---2014.12 Joint Ph.D. student in Food Science, Department of Food Science and Agricultural Chemistry, McGill University
2015.08---present Lecturer in Department of Food Engineering, School of Food Science and Engineering, Hefei University of Technology
Main Research Fields
1. Research on functional proteins and peptides in diet.
2. Inhibition mechanisms of foodborne protein allergens.
3. Development of dairy and bean products.
4. Research on functional foods and their digestibility.
1. Food Analysis and Testing
2. Beverage Technology
3. Grain and Oil Food Technology
4. Basics of Food Processing Technology
5. Food Regulation and Quality Control
6. Food Standards and Regulations
7. Food Safety and Hygiene Supervision and Administration
1. 2018-2020, Study of intermediate state in Phaseolus vulgaris lectin unfolding induced by protonation and the structure-function relationship between the conformational change and allergenicity, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), PI.
2. 2018-2019, Regulation mechanisms for allergenicity of the Phaseolus vulgaris lectin by the PEGylation method based on the dual enhancement strategy, Natural Science Foundation of Anhui Province, PI.
3. 2016-2017, Sensitization evaluation for black turtle bean lectin, Doctoral Research Fund of Hefei University of Technology, PI.
4. 2016-2017, Research on key technologies of industrial utilization for wheat flour and by-product, Natural Science Research Projects of Anhui Education Department, participant.
And several enterprise cooperation projects are performing in our lab.
Dr. He has co-edited 4 textbook (Chinese), published more than 40 papers (both English and Chinese), and applied for 8 patents. The representative publications in the recent 3 years are shown as following,
1. An introduction to the food safety management system[M], Chemical Industry Press, co-edit, 2017, Teaching materials for the 13th five-year plan.
2. Food Toxicology[M], Hefei University of Technology Press, co-edit, 2017, Teaching materials for the Anhui provincial plan.
3. Food Analysis and Testing[M], Hefei University of Technology Press, co-edit, 2016, Teaching materials for the Anhui provincial plan.
4. Experiments of Food Analysis and Testing[M], Hefei University of Technology Press, Associate editor, 2016, Teaching materials for the Anhui provincial plan.
5. Qian He, Xianbao Sun, Shudong He*, et al. PEGylation of black kidney bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) protein isolate with potential functional properties[J]. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2018, accepted.
6. Yi Zhang*, Shudong He, Benjamin K. Simpson. Enzymes in Food Bioprocessing --- Novel food enzymes, applications, and related techniques[J]. Current Opinion in Food Science, 2018, 19: 30-35.
7. Shudong He, Benjamin K. Simpson, Hanju Sun, et al. Phaseolus vulgaris lectins: A systematic review of characteristics and health implications[J]. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 2018, 58(1): 70-83.
8. Shudong He, Jing Li, Qian He, et al. Physicochemical and antioxidant properties of hard white winter wheat (Triticum aestivm L.) bran superfine powder produced by eccentric vibratory milling[J]. Powder Technology, 2018, 325: 126-133.
9. Min Yu, Shudong He*, Mingming Tang, et al. Antioxidant activity and sensory characteristics of Maillard reaction products derived from different peptide fractions of soybean meal hydrolysate[J]. Food Chemistry, 2018, 243: 249-257.
10. Yi Zhang, Shudong He, Benjamin K. Simpson*. A cold active transglutaminase from Antarctic krill (Euphausia superba): Purification, characterization and application in the modification of cold-set gelatin gel[J]. Food Chemistry, 2017, 232: 155-162.
11. Shudong He, Xin Wang, Yi Zhang, et al. Isolation and prebiotic activity of water-soluble polysaccharides fractions from the bamboo shoots (Phyllostachys praecox)[J]. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2016, 151: 295-304.
12. A preparation method of low sensitized and high-gel soy protein powder[P], application number: 201810027628.9.
13. A method for rapid preparation of black rice anthocyanin-3-lucoside[P], application number: 201610359790.1.
14. A preparation method for the fermented milk beverage using a plant protein powder[P], application number: 201610155446.0.
Awards and activities
1. Reviewer in many SCI journals, such as Food Chemistry, Carbohydrate Polymers, and so on.
2. PI of expert workstation for development of dried tangerine or orange peel of yogurt in Qingdao (2015-2017).
3. Excellent guide teacher award in Anhui Provincial food design innovation competition for undergraduates (2017).
4. First prize in young teachers teaching basic skills competition in the school of food science (2017).